Making A Claim
COVID-19 Update 15/12/2020
VEHICLE CLAIMS AND REPAIRS:
Please be aware that many repairers around the country still have a significant backlog following the recent lockdowns. Parts supply remains an issue as local stocks are depleted, and resupply is heavily impacted by the impact Covid has in the country of manufacture. With little air freight space available, the parts that are available often have to travel by sea freight. Combined, these factors will inevitably slow the rate at which we can effect repairs and get our customers’ vehicles back on the road. We understand the impact this could have on our customers and we will work with our customers and our supply networks to do all we can to expedite repairs as much as possible. We really appreciate your patience during this time.
Kind regards, the Team at Protecta.
When you need to make a claim on your car or motorcycle insurance, what do we need from you and what is involved?
- Your Protecta policy number
- Details of the main policyholder
- If involved in an accident, the details of what happened, where and when. Plus the details of any other people involved (including any witnesses or emergency services)
- Driver’s details, including the type of licence and the number of years licenced for both the person driving your vehicle and any other third party involved
- If your car or motorcycle has been stolen, report it to the police first. They’ll give you an incident reference number to use in your claim
Do you have Car Insurance or Motorcycle Insurance?
Being able to make a claim is the whole reason for having insurance, so we strive to make the claims process as easy as possible for you. First of all, what sort of claim do you need to make?